How to: Create and Install Project Templates
A Project Template is a DriveWorks Solo Project that contains the data for a Project to run.
A template provides a base to build new Projects from and can be easily distributed within an organization through a simple installation process.
The file extension for a DriveWorks Solo Project Template is .driveprots
Create a DriveWorks Solo Project Template
To create your own DriveWorks Solo Template Projects follow the steps below:
- Ensure all files a project requires (SOLIDWORKS Models and Drawings, Documents, Form Images, etc.) are relative to the DriveWorks Solo project files (.drivegroup and .driveprojx).
- With Windows Explorer browse to the location of the Parent Folder.
- Right click this folder and select Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder.
- When the zip file has been created, the file extension (.zip) is required to be renamed. Right click the file and select Rename.
- Replace the file extension (.zip) with .driveprots
This will then change the folder icon to the DriveWorks document icon.
The file name of the .driveprots file will be the name of the project template when viewed in DriveWorks Solo.
Can be renamed to Entrance_Canopy.driveprots
Install a DriveWorks Solo Project Template
Any machine with DriveWorks Solo installed will recognize .driveprots files and be able to install the template.
To install the template:
- Double click the template file.
- Follow the instructions to install the template.
Use the Template for a New Project
The topic New Project Using Pre Created Content explains how to use the template to create a new project.
File Extension Visibility
If you cannot see any file extensions, in Windows Explorer, they can be turned on by:
- Select the View tab from the Windows Explorer ribbon.
- From the Show/hide section check the box File name extensions.