What's New - New Dynamic Properties for Form Controls
DriveWorks Solo 8 now has the ability to control more form
control properties with rules.
Properties that can now have rules applied include:
- Appearance Properties - Change the Caption, Font Color and Font
- Layout Properties - Change the size and position of the form
control with rules.
By default these properties will be static properties, as
denoted by the 'grey orb' next to the property name.
Double clicking the 'grey orb' makes the property dynamic and it
becomes a 'green orb' to denote this.
The following types of appearance properties can be made to be
- Caption - Allows the caption that is displayed
next to the control to be dynamically changed.
- Color - Includes Caption Color, List Item color
and Text Color properties. Allows the color of the font to be
- Font - Includes Caption Font, List Item Font and
Font properties. Allows the Font to be dynamically changed
requiring to dynamically change the Color or Font properties select
the required colors or fonts from the property while it is static
(grey orb), copy these details to notepad, and use them in the rule
after changing the property to be dynamic (green orb)
IF(ClevisRequiredReturn=TRUE,"Clevis is selected","No clevis selected")
IF(ClevisRequiredReturn=TRUE,"font-family: microsoft sans serif; font-size: 8.25pt; font-style: italic; text-decoration:","font-family: microsoft sans serif; font-size: 8.25pt; text-decoration:")
The following types of layout properties can be made to be
- Size - including the Width and Height properties
- Position - including the Left and Top properties