The annotation text section can be used to capture dimensions
whose text should be controlled by DriveWorks Solo.
Various types of annotations can be controlled by DriveWorks
Solo. These include:
- Dimension Text
- Surface Finish Symbol
- Weld Symbol
- Geometric Tolerance
- Datum Feature Symbol
To Capture an Annotation
To capture parameters from a drawing, the drawing must first be
captured to a part or assembly, see
- Open the drawing that has been captured in SOLIDWORKS.
- Select the Annotation Text button from the DriveWorks tab of
the SOLIDWORKS task pane
- Select the annotation from the SOLIDWORKS drawing
- The address and name box in the annotation text section in
DriveWorks Pro is filled in with the annotations full SOLIDWORKS
- Click "Add"
name of the annotation can be changed in DriveWorks to make it
easier to identify when building rules.
will display the type as Annotation Text in the Model Rules list,
so choose a name that is relevant to the type of annotation text it
is. For example if you have captured a geometric tolerance block
name the parameter
To Uncapture an Annotation
To uncapture an annotation:
- Right click the text in the annotation
- Click "Remove Annotation"
remove an annotation and save your group, the action cannot be
undone. Furthermore, if you have already created any rules for the
removed dimension, then they will be lost. Before removing an
annotation, you may wish to make a copy of your group and