Broken views can be captured and have the position
controlled by rules. Once a break is added to the view of a
captured drawing it will be displayed in the sheets and views
section as a child of the view it exists in.
the Break the sheet and view must also be captured.
To capture a break
With the sheet and view already captured
- Select the check box next to the name of the breakline to
that require more placement precision it may be easier to create a
reference plane in the model, that is captured, and dimension the
break to the plane in the view.
To uncapture a break
- Uncheck the check box next to the name of the breakline to
uncapture a breakline and save your project, the action cannot be
undone. Furthermore, if you have already created any rules for the
breakline, then they will be lost. Before uncapturing a breakline,
you may wish to make a copy of your project.
Once a breakline is captured highlighting the captured item in
the tree view will present some information about the breakline
that will be useful when building rules to control the
- Orientation - Vertical or Horizontal, the orientation cannot be
- Distance from Left - Displays the current distance (In the
document units) of the first break from the left of the edge
of the view.
- Distance from Right - Displays the current distance (In the
document units) of the second break from the right of the edge
of the view.