The Captured Models section shows all of the models which have
been captured in the currently open project.
You can right click any captured model to see options to
expand/contract its children.
Capturing a New Model
To capture a new model, simply:
- Open the part or assembly in SOLIDWORKS
- Click the Action Link which appears at the top and asks
you to capture the active model
Removing an Existing Model
To remove an existing model:
- From the DriveWorks Capture Assistant select Captured Assembly Structure
- Right Click the component to be uncaptured
- Select Uncapture Children
The warning message below will be displayed:
Select the following from the message:
- Cancel - to cancel the uncapture
- Yes - to uncapture the component and remove all captured information from the group
- No - to uncapture the component but preserve all captured information in the group
Preserving all captured information allows a model to be recaptured and have all captured information restored.
This allows, for example, a sub-assembly to be removed from an assembly and recaptured outside of the existing assembly structure.